From The President's Corner
Dear NSA Oregon Members,
As spring approaches, it’s time for NSA Oregon to prepare for new leadership and start thinking forward into our next year. Our board nomination and elections are a part of that progression.
This year, we’re providing a more structured process for nominations and elections, including:
- Any Professional Chapter Member interested in being on the board needs to complete an application no later than April 3. Member Candidates are not eligible for board positions. Open Board positions include:
- President Elect
- Director, Membership
- Director, Events
- Member at Large (2-3 positions)
- The Nominating Committee will review all applications in April and determine the slate of candidates. The Nominating Committee includes:
- Kelli Jaecks, President
- Linda Cohen, Immediate Past President
- Allison Clarke, Past President
- Roger Courville, Chapter Member
- All members, including Member Candidates, will be able to vote on the slate at the end of April.
- New board members will be announced by mid-May.
Have questions? We figured you might. Here are some documents that will provide answers:
- Nomination and Election Timeline
- Board Position Descriptions
- FAQ about Board Service
- Nomination Form (if you want a fillable, Word version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request one)
Serving on the board of NSA Oregon takes time, effort, and commitment, but the rewards are enormous, including:
- An opportunity to shape the future of our chapter.
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
- Unparalleled leadership training—locally and nationally.
- Eligibility to attend additional events with our invited speakers.
- Being part of a team of the most dedicated and smart professionals you will ever come across.
- We work hard but we have a great time in the process!
If I decide not to serve on the board, or am not yet eligible for Board service, is there still a way that I can contribute?
Absolutely! The chapter is in tremendous need of volunteers for all sorts of things - from planning monthly programs, to helping out at meetings, to assisting visiting speakers.
But none of this will be possible if you don't fill out a questionnaire. Please complete the Board/Volunteer Nomination form no later than April 3. Whether your interest is in Board service, or volunteering, we want to hear from you! It will only take a few minutes.
Help us make NSA Oregon the very best chapter we can be. Join us on the board or as a volunteer and expand your horizons!